Monday, August 20, 2007

Aloo Palak Bhaji (Potato Spinach curry)


When i was browsing the fridge today I saw a pack of fresh baby spinach that smiled at me and said 'I taste good and am healthy too' :-).Then I saw those cute small potatoes and made up my mind to make Aloo Palak Bhaji(Potato Spinach Curry).
Aloo is my husband's fav and I love spinach! So, here is the recipe of this simple yet tasty sidedish !



Ingredients:

2 Cups of Chopped Spinach
6-7 Small potatoes (Peel the skin and chop them)
1/2 cup of chooped onions
1 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds
A small piece of Ginger
1/2 tablespoon of Coriander Powder
2 garlic pods(cut into small)
1 Green chilli
1/2 teaspoon of Garam Masala
1/2 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon of cilantro
2 tablespoon of Oil/ghee
Salt

Heat some oil/ghee in a pan and fry the cumin seeds.Then add the onions,ginger,garlic and green chilli.Saute them for 4-5 mins.Then add the potatoes,salt,coriander Powder and mix well.Add 1 cup of water.Cover the pan and cook for 5 mins till the potatoes are soft.
Then add the chopped spinach.Mix well and saute.Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 mins.Then add garam masala powder.Mix well.Remove the pan from the fire.
Add lemon juice.Mix well and garnish with Cilantro.Serve hot with rotis !

No comments: