Thursday, April 3, 2008

Egg Biryani


I was just wondering the other day..."Why havent I posted a single Recipe made of Egg?".....Instead of searching for an answer I wanted to post one of the egg dishes that i relisha lot...thats my favourite Egg Biryani recipe to start with ! Iam an Eggeterian and I honestly enjoy eating Eggs:-)) During my childhood days I have only had eggs twice or thrice..that too only boiled eggs. The best part during my hostel life in Bangalore,India use to be the 'Egg biryani' and couple of other Egg recipes that my roommate use to make.I even remember buying some eggs and requesting my roommate to make Egg Biryani for me and use to eat it like i have been starving.Iam really not sure how the authentic egg biryani would taste like...coz' the egg biryani i make doesnt require any grinding of masala etc.Its a rather simple recipe that can be made in 30 mins.So, for all the Egg lovers.....here is one such recipe that will make you to ask for more!

Ingredients :

2 cups of Basmati Rice
2 Large eggs
2 Boiled eggs ( cut them into pieces-length wise )
1/2 cup of chopped onions
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
2 Green Chillies
1/2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
3-4 tablespoon of Oil/ghee
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 tablespoon of Red Chilli Powder
1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder
4-5 Cloves
2-3 Bay leaves
A pinch of Cardamon Powder
Salt

Wash the Basmati Rice , drain the water and cook the rice after sometime.

Heat some oil/ghee in a pan.
Fry the Cloves,Bay leaves.
Add the onions,green chillies,ginger garlic paste and fry them till the onions turn transparent.
Now add the chopped tomatoes,turmeric powder,red chilli powder and the garam Masala Powder.Mix well and cook for 10 mins.
Add Salt,Cardamon Powder and Mix well.
Now Break the eggs and add the contents.This process needs lots of stirring.Its almost like making Egg Bhurji..actually it is :-).


After 10-12 mins once the mix is dry enough to be mixed with therice remove the pan from heat.
Now add the cooked basmati rice to the curry.Mix well.Then add the boiled egg pieces and mix well without breaking them.Serve hot with chips/papad or a hot curry of your choice !

2 comments:

Shubha Ravikoti said...

the biryan looks very nice... i crave for egg too a complete eggitarian here too...:D will surely try ur recipe dear.... looks tempting...:D how have u been?

Anonymous said...

Great article as for me. I'd like to read more concerning this topic. Thank you for sharing this material.
Sexy Lady
Girls for companionship in London